2020 is the cleanse we didn’t see coming | How to make 2020 your year

"Release what no longer serves you and welcome what can."


Many have seen the memes going around about 2020 being the unforgiving cleanse of our time. 2020 started with grief, a theme that has no give even with beautiful summer days tempting us to laugh with friends and play in nature. Illness, death, and disease have turned into the norm around the globe. And, fear and caution have gradually become imbedded into our normal day to day activities. Structures, law enforcement, businesses, and celebrities are being canceled left and right. And don’t even get me started with politics. But, if there is another apparent theme that has been lingering in the air, its CHANGE. New structures, new ideas, new business, and new movements are forming as we speak. Things are coming to an end and new beginnings are taking shape, so brace yourself.

This year of the crisis has enhanced our mind’s survival mode, which to me, has two different outcomes, it can either enhance your survival mode to a state of experiencing more crisis parallel the outer one spread across the globe or it can challenge you to decide what’s most important. When change comes knocking at your door it might come in the form of an unexpected surprise or perhaps its knocked down your door in the form of tragedy. Regardless of how it shows up, it is an opportunity to prioritize what matters the most. Are you going to wait to make that doctor’s appointment, schedule that meet up with a friend, have that conversation with a spouse, cherish more moments with your kids? Are you going to wait to pursue that degree, open that hair salon, or take that much needed time off? Resources are always available. It is our mindset that limits what we are capable of achieving or what we can make space for.

2020 is practically screaming change! But why can’t we take this impending doom and turn it into a much-needed wake-up call? Rather than feel like we are being forced to change, let's redirect it to what needs it.  Rarely are we asked what we want or need? So why would we ask ourselves? We tend to settle for what we know. And we have to admit that we know better. By doing what makes you happy or by giving yourself what you need it can both alleviate and enhance your life. Instead of resisting change, let it happen as it needs to. Release what no longer serves you and welcome what can.

After quarantine ended and I went back to work, momentum started to kick in gear and the more I researched what I wanted to do, the more I found that people were already doing it, even in the midst of a pandemic with ease. I thought my lack of experience impeded me from pursuing being a life coach and that with time I would eventually start my business and take action toward building new ideas, but then I realized why wait? The sooner I take action the more experienced I would be and developed my ideas would become. I had to admit to myself that “time” was just an excuse. I already knew—had known what I wanted to do, what had been calling to me, and needed to be done. On top of that, that one “Yes” to being a life coach opened a door of possibilities to EVERY area of my life. In order to make 2020 my year, I had to jumpstart it, refer to my “Stride of Faith| How to follow your dreams” article about the mid-quarantine-crisis that led to me jumpstarting my entire life as well as my career. Here are two activities you can do to jumpstart your 2020 and make it your year:


  • Ask yourself every morning as you start your day: What is one thing I want? What is one thing I need?
  • Sit down and list all the areas of your life that can use renovation, innovation, or resolution. Then write down how you would like to feel or experience that area differently and let the ideas come.


Get the tools many have used to overcome fear, trauma, and create the life they desire by scheduling a coaching session with me at www.shantiacrowley.com/life-coaching, or continue to get a stream of inspiring creative entrepreneurial and personal growth content from these blogs. As always, remember you are the creator of your reality. Transform your life from the inside out.

Comments

Popular Posts