How to put your negative emotions to good use

   

   "Negative emotions like anger are wounds. They physically hurt and let us know that we need to heal, disinfect, bandage, and rest—or better yet surrender, release, let go, and repeat. "




    Anger is quick and it is mighty. Before you recognize that you're feeling it, it hijacks your mind and your body then drives your actions, quite likely, down a path of destruction, unless… you slow it down and turn it into something else.

     A week ago someone threw an insult regarding my looks at me, someone I considered near and dear to me which just made the salt in the wounds burn that much more. It took me completely off guard. The anger came quick and compassion left the chat. My primal need to protect my well-being came to the forefront of my mind and I was ready to unleash a string of expletives to defend my honor. But I stopped myself. I took my anger somewhere quiet and I processed.

    In coaching, feelings inevitably come up and this is where I say, “Feel your emotions” and ask, “What needs to be nourished? What are they telling you?”

    When we don’t give ourselves time to process emotions, the energy stays stuck inside us, most likely repressed and buried somewhere hidden. Until…something, someone, some event,  or circumstance triggers it to erupt.
   

     Negative emotions like anger are wounds. They physically hurt and let us know that we need to heal, disinfect, bandage, and rest—or better yet surrender, release, let go, and repeat. And we do that through feeling for the “Why?”
   

     For me, the anger triggered by someone's remark on my appearance was directly connected to a lack of love, respect, honor, and commitment to my highest good. Sounds like a lot to take on but these aren’t foreign emotions, perhaps less familiar, but if one can grasp the concept then that is a just the place to start. We acknowledge what needs to be healed by nourishing it with the very thing that obliterates it. We do the inner work everyday. We meditate, we use kinder words, we stay true to ourselves, and live more authentically.
    

    Our negative emotions are not the enemy. Using them as weapons can consequentially return the same energy back to us. Using them as healing-learning tools can reveal the repressed stuff within that WANTS to be released. Only then can compassion arise fully so we can let go and move on.


To get the tools so many are benefitting from to heal, transform, and create a beautiful life for themselves schedule a coaching session with me at www.shantiacrowley.com/life-coaching, or continue to get a stream of inspiring creative entrepreneurial content from these blogs. As always, remember you are the creator of your reality. Transform your life from the inside out.


Comments

Popular Posts