Black is King | What Kobe Bryant and Chadwick Boseman Legacies can Teach Us about Personal Value and Community

"That’s the magic of valuing yourself enough to pursue what you love, your passion, your curiosity, or what matters to you. The energy is contagious."





Kobe Bryant and Chadwick Boseman, two men who attained monumental achievements in such a short period of time, but more importantly, two men who moved and inspired a community of people all over the world.

Both men had a kind of magnetism as big as their dreams that earned them a kingly status built from a solid foundation. A few of the pillars making up their foundation were that they valued themselves, their loved ones, and their communities. They had a high level of dignity when it came to their craft. They did what they loved and they did it with an extraordinary amount of love. They set standards to surpass expectations and still found time to give back the attention many had given to them, that is what intrigues me most. These ordinary men set extraordinary standards for themselves which then created a community of fans who seek to create possibilities in their own lives. That’s the magic of valuing yourself enough to pursue what you love, your passion, your curiosity, or what matters to you. The energy is contagious.

With the shock of both men passing away, most of us have been left in the dust thinking, “It doesn’t make sense…” Maybe because these things rarely ever do. What I feel…is that these two men achieved royalty in my heart and their memories will forever remind me of how life can abruptly end so why not do the thing you really want to do now.

Just this past week, I was consistently given support for me pursuing my career path from all over: at home, from friends, current co-workers, previous co-workers, life-coaching course mates, and old college friends. What I gathered was that it had less to do with my decision to pursue it and more with the love behind the decision. In conversation, I told someone the other day that wether things are progressing great or the struggle becomes real, I am committed. I value my dreams—in fact, I love them. The more I have come to value my dreams, the more I want people to know they can do the same.

Kobe found his kingdom on the court and that later extended to film and books. Chadwick created his kingdom on the big screen, though it was his love for directing that brought him there.  Both men valued themselves enough to allow their dreams to unfold into unlimited possibilities. Just like Kobe Bryant and Chadwick Boseman, I want to value myself, my family, and my community because a person who values his or herself reminds others to value themselves. And more importantly, a person who values his or herself sees value in everyone. 


Get the tools many have used to overcome fear, limiting beliefs, and blockages and create the life they desire by scheduling a coaching session with me at www.shantiacrowley.com/life-coaching, or continue to get a stream of inspiring creative entrepreneurial content from these blogs. As always, remember you are the creator of your reality. Transform your life from the inside out.

Comments

Popular Posts