Affirmations: Words Hold Power




In May of 2020, I decided to take the time in quarantine to get some of my “ish” together. I started to meditate, journal, and eat better consistently and I read cheesy affirmations every morning and evening. This consistency lasted for about 5 months. With the holidays, my routine has become scattered but I still make an effort to partake in these self-care activities. What blows my mind the most, is that these cheesy affirmations that I read, the very words I’ve written and quietly read to myself at 6am in the morning, these words have been repeated back to me by friends and loved ones.

There is power in affirming what you want. Affirmations subtly sink in and re-hardwire your thinking and the way that you perceive yourself. How you perceive yourself is always reflected in your actions and behavior. Affirmation means to affirm, to determine that something is true. Affirmations have the ability to take an idea, a dream, a fantasy and transform it into a living energetic reality. Whatever it is that you want to claim, however, it is that you want to feel, affirm it through words, and look at those words consistently. Just like any habit, if you repeat it enough it becomes automatic. Be sincere about what you want to feel; feel with your feelings; think with your mind and with the passage of time see and observe how it shifts you.

One of my favorite affirmations and I have many is, “I follow the wisdom of my heart.” Feel free to steal it, you can’t really steal something that we all have. Here I am, 7 months later and I can say with confidence that I am on the path to following the wisdom of my heart, and…I dare say it has not lead me astray. We can all use some encouragement so encourage yourself, affirm what you want.


Hi, my name is Shantia Crowley. I teach people through my personal experiences. It wasn't until later that I realized in 2015 I was going through a spiritual awakening. At that time I discovered that I was absolutely adamant about being committed to transformation, seeking higher knowledge, and more peace in my life. Should you desire to really transform your life and make permanent shifts from the inside out, please reach out in email and I will personally love to answer your inquiries at shantiacrowley@gmail.com.  You can also contact me through Facebook @shantiathecoach and Instagram @shantiacrowley. I also offer one-on-one transformational coaching that focuses on healing, overcoming blockages, and stepping into your authentic expression.  There is nothing more rewarding than seeing people make an effort to reach for a healthier expression of their authentic- self.

Comments

Popular Posts