Walk into the Fire



Have you ever had an obsession of needing to get something done while ignoring all irrational thought that it is impossible or illogical? Have you ever obsessed over a single thing while ignoring everything else in your life? Have you ever willingly just walked into the fire without a moment's notice because the temptation held a promise of glittering treasures? That’s how my week has been. How’s yours?

In my previous article, I wrote about rolling down the hill, a lifesaver when faced with anxiety and buried under an excess of to-dos. But of course, I also admitted that rather than climbing a hill, it feels more like a boat ride that may retreat, take a detour, only to move forward when the timing or circumstances feels more right, perhaps because of a blessing in disguise. This week, however, has been an s-t-r-u-g-g-l-e. I’m not climbing a hill, I’m climbing a mountain! And with every 10 feet of elevation, I feel like I’ve gained another 100 feet.


It makes me laugh to think I’ve been trying to apply my own advice at each turn of events, but the temptation of the promise especially knowing it is within arms reach is far too tempting. This glittering and gleaming temptation of this project has taken up 80% of my time and mental space and I’m squeezing the other 75% of my life into the remaining 20% of time and attention. Sounds like a proper math equation to me.


This week, I have found myself vacillating between attempting to pull back and pushing it into the 3rd gear. I literally feel so tired I could cry, which only makes me laugh because I’m not sad.  Somewhere in my head, I’ve perfectly rationalized that I need to put everything I have into it when I don’t have everything to give. Why do we rationalize the irrational? Are we driven by madness or inspiration? Is it worth letting everything else around you burn down to get your treasure in the fire? I don’t know about you but I’m cooling all the fires down. Perhaps there is a way for me to get my treasure and make the fire serve me and everything else in my life.





Get the tools many have used to overcome fear, limiting beliefs, and blockages and create the life they desire by scheduling a sample coaching session with me at www.shantiacrowley.com/life-coaching, or continue to get a stream of inspiring creative entrepreneurial content from these blogs. As always, remember you are the creator of your reality. Transform your life from the inside out.

Comments

Popular Posts