Get your life back | Distractions

 




In May of 2019, I did a 12-day vispassana silent-meditation-retreat. 12 days of silence sounds like prison to some, but I was never more happy to do nothing. Other than sleeping, eating, bathing, and meditating I had no obligations. I was free to quiet my mind, which honestly took days to sustain for at least 1 to 2 hours at a time. I was fascinated by how silence allowed my mind to beautifully sync my priorities. Instead of being disorganized, my mind drummed up ideas and solutions that could build me the life I desired. 


At the end of the 12 days, I was ready to commit to my dream as an entrepreneur and an artist. But, soon after I tumbled back into non-action, my previous habits, and thus the same non-results. It’s not exactly realistic to recreate a silent retreat in this busy world where we build our lives around financial security. You could try to meditate for 16 hours a day, but unless it’s your day job and dream lifestyle you might be pushing it. It’s not realistic to expect our lives to change when we don’t change. Time and time again, I find that this one thing has made a huge difference in establishing permanent transformation and real results when it comes to dream building, LIMIT YOUR DISTRACTIONS.


This might blow your mind or maybe… you already know this: you are a natural entrepreneur, worker-bee, self-sufficient, creative, abundant, and yes—magical being. Your mind has the ability to formulate solutions to your problems and the creative elasticity to take action intuitively. The issue doesn’t lie with how you don’t know what to do or who you want to become, it lies in the fact that you are not letting yourself show you what to do or who you are. You are distracted.


It is well known that our mind wants movement, excitement, engagement, and entertainment. But thanks to these convenient things called tv and cell-phone we are singularly giving all our creative juices to them. And thanks to Netflix, we are stuck in a net of watching flicks. Why watch only one episode when you can binge an entire season? At some point, you need to get that remote and click the “off” button because some amazing things are awaiting your attention and will give you 1000x more energy if you redirect your attention to them. 


This world is a conglomerate of distractions for the sake of capitalism and the entrepreneurs who strategized their priorities. I don’t know about you but I want my piece of the pie. I am an abundant entrepreneur. And I have seen for myself the power of my energy when using this one simple solution: SHUT IT DOWN.



We want to be engaged, excited and entertained but when you stop streaming youtube videos and what’s on Netflix, I shall repeat: your mind has the ability to formulate solutions to your problems and the creative elasticity to take action intuitively. Tv and any form of digital entertainment media is a distraction from you living and building your dream life. While I love having the convenience of them, they are DISTRACTIONS from me living my life.



These days, I find myself sitting or moving in silence for up to 4 hours at a time getting SO MUCH DONE. I don’t schedule it, my mind and body know what I need to do. 


For example:


1.  I set the desire. I will take a mental note that I may want to fold laundry, write a blog post, complete a commission, and read 2 chapters. 


2. I do the first thing that comes to mind and follow it with the next. Sometimes I’ll throw in more things or skip something intentionally. 


3. I will do the thing until it’s finished or I don’t want to do it anymore.


By simply cutting out digital entertainment which perpetuates a stagnant dream-killing lifestyle, I get my engine going, moving closer and closer to my desires. We want so badly to achieve our desires, but how can we expect our lives to change when we don’t change? In the words of Michael, “Make that change.”


Get the tools many have used to overcome fear, limiting beliefs, and blockages and create the life they desire by scheduling a  coaching session with me at www.shantiacrowley.com/life-coaching, or continue to get a stream of inspiring creative entrepreneurial content from these blogs. As always, remember you are the creator of your reality. Transform your life from the inside out.

Comments

Popular Posts